Taking action for good
Learning and Talking
Podcasts are a great source of information from a variety of viewpoints. They hook you in, inform, make you think and encourage discussion. There are ‘000’s of podcasts about climate but to help you, we’ve checked these out and are confident that they are great, informative and follow the science! Maybe listen on your way to work or when out for a walk - opportunities to listen are endless. Most of these are about 20 -25 minutes in length. Listen as much or as little as you want
What is a Climate Café?
- A gathering of people meeting with facilitators to share their responses to the climate crisis – a thinking and feeling space
- A confidential, warm, friendly, hospitable occasion – involving cake and hot drinks
- Talking about what our changing climate means for us, exploring whatever feelings we have
- Meet with other people and take turns expressing how climate and ecological breakdown makes you feel.
- No guest speakers, no lectures, no advice, no commitment, an action-free space. Come to one Climate Café or several.
- The focus is our thoughts and feelings about climate change, rather than what we’re doing about climate change
You can find more information at https://climatecafes.org/
Where - Different locations around the Trust
When - Once a month
How long - 45 minutes to an hour
Why not give one a go? Hopefully it will make you feel better about climate change! No compulsion, but do tell us if you’re coming - we’d hate for there not to be enough cake!
Watch this space for dates and venues.
All too often films about the climate crisis give an apocalyptic vision of the future - quite depressing really! But it doesn’t have to be like that! We’ve put together a selection of videos that highlight a positive and optimistic view of the climate crisis. They show what can and is being done to give us a sustainable future. There’s something for everyone!
4 short videos to get you thinking and looking for more!Title/Description
4 feature length films for you to enjoy!Title/Description
- Listen to an expert talking about the climate crisis from their viewpoint
Watch this space for dates and venues
There are literally thousands of documents about climate change. So we have chosen a few that will be informative and easy to digest. They might also help to get you looking for more! Click on the images to view the documents. Happy reading...